Are you involved in creating, developing, guiding, or supporting a prescribed burn association (PBA)? Are you interested learning how prescribed burn associations work or how they’re successfully sustained? Led by national PBA expert John Weir (Oklahoma State University) and supported by other PBA leaders, this webinar will discuss a range of common questions faced by PBA organizers and organizations. The webinar will start with a short overview of prescribed burn associations, their existing locations, structure and organization. After that introduction, the webinar will work to address some of the most common questions that can come up in PBA development and maintenance:
- How big is too big in terms of PBA geographic boundaries?
- What are the requirements to be a PBA member?
- What is the structure of the steering committee?
- How many meetings do you have annually?
- How much are PBA dues and what do they include?
- How do you prioritize whose land is burned?
- How much do you charge for a burn?
The webinar will conclude with an open Q & A with John and other existing PBA members from around the country.
This webinar is in support of the Southern Fire Exchange, the Southeastern Regional Partnership for Planning and Sustainability (SERPPAS), and Oklahoma State University.